What is the first thing people notice about you when they meet you? The answer is – your smile. Your smile tells a lot about your personality and leaves a good impression about you in people’s minds. An attractive smile enhances your personality as well as boosts your confidence. In addition, an attractive smile makes you stand out in a crowd.
But today’s lifestyle is not only affecting our general health but also affecting the attractiveness of our smile. When we smile due to poor lifestyle and diet, stained teeth, decayed teeth, crooked teeth, missing teeth, and dark gums make us feel sad about ourselves. Due to all these factors, the beauty of your smile is getting spoiled.
With the rapid advancements in the medical and cosmetic worlds, it is now possible to have the smile you want. Patients no longer need to rely solely on their cosmetic dentist to create an attractive smile. Instead, with the help of digital smile makeovers or designing tools, you can personally contribute to the design of your smile.
What is Digital Smile Designing or Makeover?
Simply put, Digital Smile Designing is improving or beautifying your smile. It is the dental aesthetic treatment plan. For an attractive smile, the dental clinic analyzes the patient’s facial and dental structures with the help of designing software and then uses digital technology to custom design a smile. Digital Smile Designing mainly includes Tooth Veneers, Tooth Whitening, Lip Surgery, Minor Orthodontics, Gum Depigmentation, etc. In addition, with Digital Smile Makeover, you can visualize and design your smile.
What is the process of Digital Smile Designing?
- First, our cosmetic dentist will examine your face and teeth. They will also listen to your expectations and preferences regarding your smile and take a digital impression.
- In the second step, our professional photographers’ exclusive digital photo studio will click your stunning pictures to design your smile. Our photographers will capture images of teeth in different poses keeping your objectives in mind.
- We will only know the static movement of your teeth, lips, and smile from the pictures. So we will record a short video of your face and teeth for dynamic movements, which will help us to understand how your smile behaves in conversation.
- In the fourth step, we will use DSD software. All the collected information will be fed into our DSD software to modify your smile according to your preferences.
- In the final step, a 3D design blueprint of your smile is created by our expert technicians, which helps in understanding how your smile will look after the makeover. For example, if you are unhappy with the length, shape, and color design of your teeth, then the last change can be done at this stage, not afterward.
Once the final smile design is agreed upon between the patient and the cosmetic dentist, you are informed about the further process and cost of the treatment.
Advantages of Digital Smile Design:
- Through this, the fear associated with dental treatment is reduced, as the patient is already aware of the outcome.
- The use of the latest technology helps the patient understand the entire smile makeover process.
- You can shape your smile according to your own choice.
- The digital smile makeover process involves input from the dentist and the patient, so it only helps to create the best possible smile for the patient.
Smile designing or makeover is a very personal issue, so think before making any decision. Also, digital smile design is relatively inexpensive.